What is involved in Conversion Rate Optimisation?
When it comes to CRO we will, for existing websites, focus on making small amendments where we consider necessary rather than the more timely process of initiating a full website redesign. This is likely to include some of the following:
- Improved site architecture and customer journey
- Aesthetical updates such as button colours and names
- Reduce required processes to achieve a conversion
- Fixing glaring errors and usability issues
- Simplify the user journey
- Improve the content and communication to ensure better aligned to your visitor expectations
Remember we are looking for very small percentage changes, even the most optimised websites will do well to achieve a 5% conversion rate. The numbers soon start to stack, an increase from 2% to 3% on site turning over 500k could see sales increase to £700k, with added visibility through social channels this soon starts to snowball.